blink songs you've never liked (leave out the obvious)

Kay

There are not many songs i dislike. Everytime I Look for you is pretty terrible, San Diego is ok but overrated. Anthem part 1, Los Angeles & California all suck. Also not a fan of Wendy Clear, and STFTK I can't listen too anymore. I think Josie is overrated as well. Even if she Falls sucks and I don't understand the love for it. That's about it though like or love the rest.

Edit: Forgot about Love is Dangerous. Tom really wanted to shoehorn an AVA song onto Neighborhoods lol

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love This Is Home. Catchy as hell. I just hate the line in the verse where he awkwardly uses the word "fucking" twice in a row.

I remember when the first reviews of the album came out way before the leak and one review said something like "we know it's still blink because there's a song about fucking animals" but then it was just This Is Home lol 

• Like 2

Dammit. 

Not that I've never liked this song, it's just unfortunately overplayed and now over-rated in my mind. 

I used to love it, but it's just been too overplayed in my life. 

About half the blink shows I've been to, I've left right before that song to beat the traffic (or beat your meat). 

43 minutes ago, Dook said:

Dammit. 

Not that I've never liked this song, it's just unfortunately overplayed and now over-rated in my mind. 

About half the blink shows I've been to, I've left right before that song to beat the traffic (or beat your meat). 

I totally understand this point of view I also leave before Dammit to beat the traffic at live shows. I feel the same way about Rock Show, ATST, STFTK, and especially First Date. I really hate First Date only bc of how much I've heard it. I'm starting to get there with Carousel 

10 hours ago, Dook said:

Dammit. 

Dammit is one of my favourite songs but I hate how it closes the show on a live setting. Blink needs a new closing song and sometimes I think Not Now would be perfect for that.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

My God, you deserve a slap! Haha, I love that song. Although does anyone get an Avril Lavigne vibe in parts of the chorus? I was a bit iffy with that when I first heard it. Obviously, I love it now.

Lol. I read somewhere that Mark didn't even want to write the song. Feldman forced him to. Some people like chocolate other people like vanilla. Whatever.

Other songs that suck Chode:

Self-titled: Fallen Interlude, and the last one whose name I never bothered to memorize

Dogs Eating Dogs: Pretty much all of them sucked except for Boxing Day

Neighborhoods: Fighting the Gravity was pretty fucking weak but I liked the album for the most part

I'm sure I could nit-pick the older albums now that I'm twice the age I was when I first listened to them, but I enjoyed them a shit-ton when I was teen so I'm not gonna hate on them.

Oh yeah, except for My First Punk Song on Box Car Racer. What a crock of shit that was.

Edit: I never really understood older punk music that was intentionally shitty. It doesn't sound good, it sounds like shit. I get that they're trying to be rebellious or whatever but it just wasn't aesthetically pleasing. That's why I liked blink- they made punk actually nice to listen to. But also I don't know what the fuck I am talking about and am super ignorant about music movements so take this with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

okay a few people have said they hate Everytime I Look For You - why? I love that song, one of my faves from TOYPAJ. I love the lyrics and the general feel of it. 

I actually didn't used to like that one for some reason, but in the past year or so it's become one of my favorites. Not sure why the sudden change of heart.

20 hours ago, boxelder said:

good to see this is home fans! i never minded it, i didn't even believe it to be an obvious choice to be hated

I've definitely seen This Is Home get shit on pretty hard over the years.  I've always loved it.  Somehow even turned into my whole friend circle's drinking/party song that always got played for awhile.

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

This Is Home is one of the best post reunion Tom songs...would fit right in with the Feldy classics on California

that explains why I hate it so much then. 

• Like 1

On 02.02.2017 at 6:12 AM, Dook said:

Dammit. 

kinda agree, but gotta add that Dammit 1997-2000 is still enjoyable to watch. 

15 hours ago, Ghent said:

This Is Home is one of the best post reunion Tom songs...would fit right in with the Feldy classics on California

You put a Tom song on the same level as one co-written by your saint Feldy? What this board has become...

• Like 1