n  i  k u .

AVA General Discussion

55 minutes ago, knapton said:

Im not actually from Seattle, im coming down from Vancouver for it

Crazy. This is our first time in Seattle but the plan is to visit Vancouver for a day. 

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

preview 

God damn I'm so excited. Tom really can't sing anymore though. 

23 minutes ago, knapton said:

God damn I'm so excited. Tom really can't sing anymore though. 

It sounds chaotic but I really like the synths.

All these posts of you guys seeing Tom this week/soon make me wish I had an AVA show to look forward to.

49 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I definitely like the sound of that more than Rebel Girl. I'm pumped!

I'm interested but I'd like to hear more before I get pumped. Tom has burned me too many times. He has great ideas and starts to songs that tend to fizzle out when he's left to his own devices. AvA, with the way they are sounding now would be tremendous if Tom would bring in an outside producer and get over himself. You need a third-party perspective when recording and mixing.

20 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm interested but I'd like to hear more before I get pumped. Tom has burned me too many times. He has great ideas and starts to songs that tend to fizzle out when he's left to his own devices. AvA, with the way they are sounding now would be tremendous if Tom would bring in an outside producer and get over himself. You need a third-party perspective when recording and mixing.

They are having a third party perspective now.  That's why it sounds better no?  Thought that's what the label was doing.

16 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

They are having a third party perspective now.  That's why it sounds better no?  Thought that's what the label was doing.

Do they have a producer for this?

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Do they have a producer for this?

Don’t think so. Aaron and Tom were demoing by themselves since March 2018 until around february or march when Ilan joined up. They started recording in a studio in L.A. around then I assume for the final product, but pretty sure theres no producer involved.

Tbh I already prefer the production based on Rebel Girl and this clip but I won't know until I've heard the full record. the clip is interesting I guess, can't really comment based on what we've heard. 

I really like this preview. I haven't been excited about new Angels & Airwaves music at all this round (I'm not a fan of Rebel Girl) and this sounds like it could be something I'm into! Trying not to get my hopes up as it's only a preview but I'm looking forward to Friday!

everyone at The AVA Movement who thought the Rebel Girl video was bad creepy are now suddenly praising it for being so much better and more "artistic" than the Darkside video. lmao fuck off.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

everyone at The AVA Movement who thought the Rebel Girl video was bad creepy are now suddenly praising it for being so much better and more "artistic" than the Darkside video. lmao fuck off.

Not true at all, I couldn't care less about it. As far as I'm concerned both videos are lame with good songs.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Not true at all, I couldn't care less about it. As far as I'm concerned both videos are lame with good songs.

People in the FB group just totally changed their minds about the video when Darkside came out.

I don't think the Rebel Girl video is as bad as everyone says and I don't think the Darkside one is great. But I don't like music videos in general, most of the time.

Fucking love it. It would've made such a great blink song. Just a sprinkle of background vox with Mark, and Travis on the drums - it would be insane.