The blink 182 general discussion topic

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

What other blink forum is there? It’s either here or Reddit and no chance it’ll be here as a good 50% of us think he’s a cunt

182 Online exists but it’s basically dead now. It’s likely this site will have a representative of some sort because I’ll be damned if he actually made an account and started a thread here. It would probably be reddit unfortunately and that place is a nightmare to get an actual genuine Q&A session going on with Mark.

• Replies 82.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• M!ke

• Chewy030

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

15 hours ago, jlx9 said:

They said 6/8 was the “heaviest” song they wrote at that time, and even promised that to be on some EP of Cali B-sides (before the deluxe version happened). I forgot Hey I’m Sorry was also the other one from the OG batch.

I’m sure the woah intro was not there in the original lmao. You can tell the verses were likely the main part of the demo and they didn’t have a chorus yet, which led to what we have now. I like the chorus but it probably was not what everyone anticipated after that buildup in the verses. Lovely material that shows how well Mark and Matt can work together and that said more than the songs that happened when Feldy came in. Although I will agree LST, LLL, and BTD are also great examples.

Oh, nice to know. Didn't knew they wrote that one in that pre-Feldy period.

3 hours ago, jlx9 said:

182 Online exists but it’s basically dead now. It’s likely this site will have a representative of some sort because I’ll be damned if he actually made an account and started a thread here. It would probably be reddit unfortunately and that place is a nightmare to get an actual genuine Q&A session going on with Mark.

We locked the forum down literally years ago. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

We locked the forum down literally years ago. 

Can you elaborate why? I never knew about this. I just went on the website when California dropped to see the comments when it wouldn't be so active here.

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Can you elaborate why? I never knew about this. I just went on the website when California dropped to see the comments when it wouldn't be so active here.

it's a long story, the TLDR is we had technical issues before California launched, the site was inactive for a manner of months due to one of the main admins who had all the technical control going completely AWOL. it took ages for myself and the other admins to track them down and to fix it - because the fix involved a forced redesign - by the time it was back up and running most had moved on, including myself. we kept it open for a time but without the regulars it was just a slow death. We were never the most active place but we were actually doing alright - but then the downage totally destroyed the place. We saw what it was and just decided to lock it and say goodbye instead of just leaving it a wasteland. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Oh, nice to know. Didn't knew they wrote that one in that pre-Feldy period.

I don't think it was, unless I totally missed something. Everything I have seen talked about how Hey I'm Sorry was the only song that originated during that period.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I don't think it was, unless I totally missed something. Everything I have seen talked about how Hey I'm Sorry was the only song that originated during that period.

I might be wrong, I’m just trying to answer from memory. I know that 6/8 was at least made in some form before Cali deluxe sessions began, as there was a lyric sheet of Mark’s verse that he used to record vocals around the original Cali sessions. Probably did not include the song as it was too “dark” for their summer album. I know Travis began talking about it when he was predicting a small EP of Cali B-sides shortly after California dropped.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it used to be referred to as “Rushing Rivers” at some point.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Ghent said:

Welcome back peace sign.. I’ve been doing what I can to get Mark to notice us on twitter and get that interview. He went on that random blink podcast so I’d say there is a chance.

Unless he dislikes this place from checking it periodically, which seems likely lol

thanks, man! you guys should get sasha to reach out again.

• Haha 1

Having blink on shuffle can be bad on the ears. Went from Aliens Exist to Hearts All Gone. the guitars sound awful in HAG straight after AE and Mark's vocals are so naked and much higher in the mix than the rest of the instrumentation. song sounds hecka empty. Really glad I don't have any California on this playlist, I dread to think how much worse the comparison can be. 

Sigh. I miss Jerry Finn. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Having blink on shuffle can be bad on the ears. Went from Aliens Exist to Hearts All Gone. the guitars sound awful in HAG straight after AE and Mark's vocals are so naked and much higher in the mix than the rest of the instrumentation. song sounds hecka empty. Really glad I don't have any California on this playlist, I dread to think how much worse the comparison can be. 

Sigh. I miss Jerry Finn. 

OH LOOK WE HAVE ANOTHER WANNABE MUSIC PRODUCER WHO THINKS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT MORE THAN THE PROFESSIONALS ETC ETC ETC...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Random thought, could be cause I’m high but I’ve never had one ill thought of Tom since the first break up. But never defended his actions to when ppl made valid points.

is there anyone who is just on a middle ground with him and hopes he just does what he wants and eventually that means new blink music with him?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, petros said:

So you consider Dude ranch which sounds like shit classic and don't like how Neighborhoods sounds?  Neghborhoods>>>Dude Ranch easily imo.

Wow. 

• Like 2