Jump to content
 
Tom Bot

The Tom Delonge Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Anyone watching the IG live and catch the reference to his “fiancé”?? I’m sure many of us saw this coming but 😮... juicy

I'm glad Tom has finally come to terms with his sexuality.

  • Haha 3
  • Crab 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @NotNow and @twentytwenty Check this:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/tom-delonge-ufo-video-pentagon-release-blink-182-994370/

interviewer asks Tom about an Instagram post he made reminiscing about blink and what brought on the post. Tom starts with just saying he was looking at some photos and just felt like it. Would’ve been a great answer had he capped it off there. He covered why he posted it and it was done.

But no. He then has to mention how he talks to mark and Travis all the time, mark just recently And Travis every couple of weeks. Nobody asked if he had spoken to them but it obviously needed to be pointed out. He also has to point out that people always ask(even though this interviewer didn’t) if the three will ever play again as blink and of course they will.

What I was saying about that other interview can’t really be denied now can it. It’s so blatantly obvious what he’s doing you’d have to be blinded by Tombot goggles to not see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hey @NotNow and @twentytwenty Check this:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/tom-delonge-ufo-video-pentagon-release-blink-182-994370/

interviewer asks Tom about an Instagram post he made reminiscing about blink and what brought on the post. Tom starts with just saying he was looking at some photos and just felt like it. Would’ve been a great answer had he capped it off there. He covered why he posted it and it was done.

But no. He then has to mention how he talks to mark and Travis all the time, mark just recently And Travis every couple of weeks. Nobody asked if he had spoken to them but it obviously needed to be pointed out. He also has to point out that people always ask(even though this interviewer didn’t) if the three will ever play again as blink and of course they will.

What I was saying about that other interview can’t really be denied now can it. It’s so blatantly obvious what he’s doing you’d have to be blinded by Tombot goggles to not see it. 

Nah, haters gonna hate and you’re a hater. He could say whatever and you would find a way to make something bad about it. And that’s fine too you know, you’re entitled of your own opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Nah, haters gonna hate and you’re a hater. He could say whatever and you would find a way to make something bad about it. And that’s fine too you know, you’re entitled of your own opinion.

I accept your apology.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Hey @NotNow and @twentytwenty Check this:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/tom-delonge-ufo-video-pentagon-release-blink-182-994370/

interviewer asks Tom about an Instagram post he made reminiscing about blink and what brought on the post. Tom starts with just saying he was looking at some photos and just felt like it. Would’ve been a great answer had he capped it off there. He covered why he posted it and it was done.

But no. He then has to mention how he talks to mark and Travis all the time, mark just recently And Travis every couple of weeks. Nobody asked if he had spoken to them but it obviously needed to be pointed out. He also has to point out that people always ask(even though this interviewer didn’t) if the three will ever play again as blink and of course they will.

What I was saying about that other interview can’t really be denied now can it. It’s so blatantly obvious what he’s doing you’d have to be blinded by Tombot goggles to not see it. 

Mentioning blink playing together again unprompted is shite, aye, but I don't see how mentioning talking to the guys is bad. We actually know he has been and it makes sense for him to say it in the context of the question. Whilst Tom is deffo guilty of using blink for personal gains and exploiting it at times, I do think you're overreacting a little to these latest examples. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kay said:

Mentioning blink playing together again unprompted is shite, aye, but I don't see how mentioning talking to the guys is bad. We actually know he has been and it makes sense for him to say it in the context of the question. Whilst Tom is deffo guilty of using blink for personal gains and exploiting it at times, I do think you're overreacting a little to these latest examples. 

I just think it’s lame and unnecessary that’s all. He’s been doing it for years and after quitting the band twice it’s dodge. It’s not like these are the first two times he’s ever done it. He knows what he’s doing, just fishing to get that “Tom Delonge blink-182 reunion?” in his next interview headline. That’s all I said when that other interview showed up and I got jumped on, implied to not have a working brain etc. Then another interview pops up and he brings it up again.  He milks it. He’s been doing it for years. It’s lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Wow big answer here on whether he'd be a part of blink going into the HOF:

"I still own the band with the guys, I still have a huge stake in it. I still plan on going back in the future here, we've been talking about it recently, but we haven't made a plan for it yet. Everyone's really busy."

 

That just annoys the fuck out of me. I get why he does it but to just say "I can go back whenever" Is a slap in Matt's face. I also like how he turns it around and then says "But i'm invested in other stuff" Yeah Tom that'll never change and you'll never go back to Blink.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Wow big answer here on whether he'd be a part of blink going into the HOF:

"I still own the band with the guys, I still have a huge stake in it. I still plan on going back in the future here, we've been talking about it recently, but we haven't made a plan for it yet. Everyone's really busy."

 

this about says it all. aside from viewing the band solely in a financial lens, he mentions their career in past tense... not because he's not in it anymore, but because it's over. "it's really about what we did and the mark that it made" = 1992-2005. since that time, he's never viewed blink as an active, relevant band, and has invested nothing in it. it's solely a fun thing to do to see past friends and make some dough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

That just annoys the fuck out of me. I get why he does it but to just say "I can go back whenever" Is a slap in Matt's face. I also like how he turns it around and then says "But i'm invested in other stuff" Yeah Tom that'll never change and you'll never go back to Blink.

In these situations nobody gives a shit about matt unfortunately. Hell, in 2010 Taking Back Sunday got rid of half the band while reuniting with the founder members without blinking - no pun intended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. I just don't get why. Tom quit twice so he's expelled from blink forever?

What he's saying is harmless. I don't think he's going back to blink, Mark and Travis don't think it, the interviewer doesn't think it, Tom might be the only one who believes it.

But it doesn't matter. 

Tom's not back in the band. Matt is. Tom will say shit like he always does. I'm still waiting on that full-album acoustic WDNTW (not really, but for the sake of argument). Doesn't mean it'll happen.

I just don't get why the Skibots get so threatened and pissed at Tom everytime he mentions one day going back. Maybe if you got into blink with Cali and DLX and Nine and hate Tom's voice and hate all the old albums, I could see it. Maybe.

I guess Tom could be passive-agressive like Mark and say, "I'll never say never but right now we're doing X, Y and Z and everyone is really happy doing their own thing."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I honestly think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. I just don't get why. Tom quit twice so he's expelled from blink forever?

What he's saying is harmless. I don't think he's going back to blink, Mark and Travis don't think it, the interviewer doesn't think it, Tom might be the only one who believes it.

But it doesn't matter. 

Tom's not back in the band. Matt is. Tom will say shit like he always does. I'm still waiting on that full-album acoustic WDNTW (not really, but for the sake of argument). Doesn't mean it'll happen.

I just don't get why the Skibots get so threatened and pissed at Tom everytime he mentions one day going back. Maybe if you got into blink with Cali and DLX and Nine and hate Tom's voice and hate all the old albums, I could see it. Maybe.

I guess Tom could be passive-agressive like Mark and say, "I'll never say never but right now we're doing X, Y and Z and everyone is really happy doing their own thing."

I don’t think he should be expelled forever. I’d love Tom back 100% committed to blink. It’d be fantastic. Nobody is feeling threatened.

The thing I take issue with is that Tom is 0% committed to blink, fucked everyone around for ages but keeps dangling the possibility of reuniting when he’s got 0 intention of doing it just to market his other endeavours that he chose over blink.

Tom just needs to shut up about rejoining until he actually is committed to doing so. If someone asks just say “sure maybe one day” and move on and not be saying “totally we were just talking about it happening soon, we talk about it often it’s definitely going to happen” when it’s obvious he’s only saying it to make headlines and push his other things and that he has 0 interest in actually following through.

He just needs to be cool about the whole situation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I honestly think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. I just don't get why. Tom quit twice so he's expelled from blink forever?

What he's saying is harmless. I don't think he's going back to blink, Mark and Travis don't think it, the interviewer doesn't think it, Tom might be the only one who believes it.

But it doesn't matter. 

Tom's not back in the band. Matt is. Tom will say shit like he always does. I'm still waiting on that full-album acoustic WDNTW (not really, but for the sake of argument). Doesn't mean it'll happen.

I just don't get why the Skibots get so threatened and pissed at Tom everytime he mentions one day going back. Maybe if you got into blink with Cali and DLX and Nine and hate Tom's voice and hate all the old albums, I could see it. Maybe.

I guess Tom could be passive-agressive like Mark and say, "I'll never say never but right now we're doing X, Y and Z and everyone is really happy doing their own thing."

The same people who constantly get annoyed by Tom being Tom aren't any different than anyone who complains about new blink constantly. Having been one of the latter, it's better to move on with your life because your opinion literally doesn't make any difference haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I honestly think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. I just don't get why. Tom quit twice so he's expelled from blink forever?

What he's saying is harmless. I don't think he's going back to blink, Mark and Travis don't think it, the interviewer doesn't think it, Tom might be the only one who believes it.

But it doesn't matter. 

Tom's not back in the band. Matt is. Tom will say shit like he always does. I'm still waiting on that full-album acoustic WDNTW (not really, but for the sake of argument). Doesn't mean it'll happen.

I just don't get why the Skibots get so threatened and pissed at Tom everytime he mentions one day going back. Maybe if you got into blink with Cali and DLX and Nine and hate Tom's voice and hate all the old albums, I could see it. Maybe.

I guess Tom could be passive-agressive like Mark and say, "I'll never say never but right now we're doing X, Y and Z and everyone is really happy doing their own thing."

The issue is that he’s using blink. He used blink as an active member 09-15 and he’s using blink after quitting on them a second time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm glad Tom has finally come to terms with his sexuality.

STAHHHP

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

In these situations nobody gives a shit about matt unfortunately. Hell, in 2010 Taking Back Sunday got rid of half the band while reuniting with the founder members without blinking - no pun intended

One of them was Matt Rubano, who's in AVA as of now. Tell all Your Friends lineup is the best one. It's sad what happened to Eddie Reyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...