Jump to content
 

2023 New Album News Thread!?!


Champ182

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, NotNow said:

Okay does this help, Instagram user davidjohnsully has what he claims to be a new blink snippet on his Instagram story? No problem

ill caveat I’m 120% sure it’s fake since it sounds nothing like tom but something to talk about.

Definitely sounds like Tom, but listen to the lyrics:

"Where are you
And I'll stop this pain tonight
And I'll miss your smile"

I have no idea who this guy is or how you came across his insta story or why he'd have access to new Blink songs, but those lyrics are just literally excerpts from I Miss You and Always.

It sounds like someone stitched together old vocal tracks into their own song or something maybe?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Definitely sounds like Tom, but listen to the lyrics:

"Where are you
And I'll stop this pain tonight
And I'll miss your smile"

I have no idea who this guy is or how you came across his insta story or why he'd have access to new Blink songs, but those lyrics are just literally excerpts from I Miss You and Always.

It sounds like someone stitched together old vocal tracks into their own song or something maybe?

Yep exactly he mashed stuff up. This guy has been known to post his bands covers on Reddit. The ascap images that italia posted came from him, so peope are a little dubious of them too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Definitely sounds like Tom, but listen to the lyrics:

"Where are you
And I'll stop this pain tonight
And I'll miss your smile"

I have no idea who this guy is or how you came across his insta story or why he'd have access to new Blink songs, but those lyrics are just literally excerpts from I Miss You and Always.

It sounds like someone stitched together old vocal tracks into their own song or something maybe?

It's surely a fake.

 

Reddit is populated by attention bitches...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Yep exactly he mashed stuff up. This guy has been known to post his bands covers on Reddit. The ascap images that italia posted came from him, so peope are a little dubious of them too

Holy shit you’re right. They’re not on ascap. Edging is though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I had a dream last night that blink announced the new album will be released in September. I woke up in a foul mood lmao 

What? That woulda been good news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I had a dream last night that blink announced the new album will be released in September. I woke up in a foul mood lmao 

I mean, more speculation.  But I bet they were planning on releasing it sooner - but saw the entire tour already sold out from announcement + edging alone so want to either wait to release from a business standpoint, or wanted to take longer to make it 'better' since that gives them more time realistically speaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

I mean, more speculation.  But I bet they were planning on releasing it sooner - but saw the entire tour already sold out from announcement + edging alone so want to either wait to release from a business standpoint, or wanted to take longer to make it 'better' since that gives them more time realistically speaking.

They would be crazy not to release it prior to the tour. They at least should have a couple of singles released. But doesn't the North American tour start in like 6 weeks?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

They would be crazy not to release it prior to the tour. They at least should have a couple of singles released. But doesn't the North American tour start in like 6 weeks?

They've sold out though.  Milk it dry, then release the album when the hype wears down.  If I'm sitting corporate headquarters next to Feldy's spare office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

They would be crazy not to release it prior to the tour. They at least should have a couple of singles released. But doesn't the North American tour start in like 6 weeks?

I think we get the album announcement plus new single in april and album drops right before tour launches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wish people would just source their stuff. I ended up finding it on the German publishing side (also shows up on a French music copyright database I found) The songs are on GEMA.de ‘s database https://www.gema.de/repertoire-search. You need to search with the IPI # of Mark or Tom and the song titles  (I wouldn’t pay attention to duration, it’s off, says 3:30 or 4:00 for every song not just these)

B7-FF8-EB2-9942-4797-8-FA7-23424-CCE36447-F88-B092-C26-E-4-BB8-81-EB-FD306-C59-C5-EF9-CABA-171-E-43-F5-A368-7-F9-BF8-C13B37-A497-C-ADF6-4318-9-E87-851197218578.DA4208-FC-8891-4375-A650-93-F79763-B70-F

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kibbles, thank you so much. I will try random search terms to see if I can find new songs...

Tried "you" and here we are! Already found a new title: "Fuck You Goodbye". It might not be a blink song, though. Could be someone using a sample or something like that...

EDIT: Nevermind, indeed. This is a The Kid Laroi song.

1406904400_Screenshot2023-03-22at00-15-38GEMA-Members-RepertoireSearch.thumb.png.709d4e23a8eb691523270812b54b27ec.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

Blink182italia posted something that one of the customer service reps for their merch website says the album is expected to ship April 14. 
 

Could they be shadow dropping this album on us?

I don’t believe any leaks atm but I think a shadow drop is gonna happens. The silence and everything even though we are this far along feels like we’re gonna get a surprise soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

I don’t believe any leaks atm but I think a shadow drop is gonna happens. The silence and everything even though we are this far along feels like we’re gonna get a surprise soon.

Just working yourselves up to get let down again lol 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

no way it drops april 14. they seem keen on a traditional rollout. i do expect to be hearing something very soon. i wonder if it’s been delayed somewhat due to travis’s injury.

Is it traditional to release 1 song and then say or release absolutely nothing for another 6 months? I don’t think there’s any sort of pattern going atm and anything is fair game.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...